Now, I know I came down here to work with the girls at the house, and I have come to love all of them a lot, and appreciate Allison and what she does more and more, but I have to write about a great girl.
Kati, another volunteer who came a little over a week after I did and will leave next Thursday (July 26), has shared a room with me, many unforgettable experiences, sweets and chocolate cravings, and many laughs. I am so very thankful that she is here.
It is an interesting experience to get tossed into a situation together with someone else and learn to know them, but it has been such a blessing. She has very many creative teaching ideas, a fun personality, a heart for Jesus, and a contagious laugh. Camp would not have been possible without her leading the way.
Also, having another person to help pack has been great too. Allison has so many other responsibilities, so often Kati and I have been the ones packing boxes everywhere in the house. Thinking about doing it alone absolutely overwhelms me.
We have been able to share some of our experiences with each other, along with flip flops and other things. She likes chocolate a lot too, and I did not realize how much I missed it until we got...Pinguinos! at the store (they are like Ding Dongs).
Anyways, Kati is another blessing on my list that I am very thankful for! She is blogging a little about her time down here too if you want to read it here. It will be sad to see her go in a few days, but then I will leave a few days after that! The next few days may be rather chaotic and I am not sure when we will have internet again, but I will post when I can!
Kati seems like a really cool girl. I'm glad that you both were able to minister to each other and be co-laborers in Christ!
ReplyDelete