I am almost halfway done with my time here with only 2 blogposts and no pictures of the girls to show for it! This last week seems to have been busier than the first week. Two other volunteers have come, one leaving today already, and the other will leave in 2 weeks. This week we have been planning "camp" for the girls here at the house. Katie, the other volunteer, is a middle school math teacher so she and I have been attempting to plan activities for the girls, tying in Bible stories, math and reading, active things, and always a lot of art and coloring. It has been quite challenging, exhausting, and fun. I really love the girls and pray for more love for them.
(I'm sorry most of the pictures are blurry; I think I uploaded them the wrong way. I guess I will just have to put up more!)
 |
| Wild, fun Asli (4) |
 |
| Giggly, teasing Jenci (5) |
 |
| Hair stylist Michelle (7) |
 |
| Creative, crazy Aracely (7) |
 |
| Flexible, happy Yolani (9) |
 |
| Quiet, artsy Sarai (8) |
 |
| "Little mother" Denia (10) |
 |
| Helpful, funny Paola (10) |
 |
| Picture-loving Addy (almost 2) |
 |
| Teasing Belkis (17) and quiet Mariela (16) |
I do not have a picture of Gaby (13), but these are the girls that I live with! More is written about each one at the
EFP website along with better pictures. Soon I hope to post some pictures about "camp," some other experiences, and what is in store in the 3 weeks I have left here!
They are all beautiful!! I love how you mentioned a characteristic about each. Wonderful!
ReplyDelete